Hurricane Laura post-event impact summary
The Hurricane Laura post-event impact summary report template is now available in EigenPrism, where users can access the template and apply it to their own exposures for speedy analysis of the event.
The report template contains the past max winds footprint, final storm surge advisory, and the excessive rainfall outlook to provide a complete picture of Hurricane Laura’s impact.
Event Impact from MetCon
The team at MetCon have provided the following points of discussion regarding Hurricane Laura:
1. Laura reached peak intensity right at landfall. This is a new pattern that we have noticed with tropical systems (not a good one).
2. Laura was a CAT 4 storm – strongest to hit that part of Louisiana in over 164 years.
3. The observations from Louisiana are quite sparse and many, many stations stopped reporting before / during the storm due to power outage and/or communication outage.
4. The flood inundation (storm surge) was not as severe as forecast by NHC, that is a good thing since there was quite a bit less damage.MetCon Hurricane Laura event discussion, August 28, 2020
KatRisk’s Laura 2020 Max US Wind footprint and Storm Surge footprint are also available in the real-time event catalogue for clients who have subscribed to KatRisk’s post-event data (note; these footprints are updated as additional information becomes available).
Assess the impact in EigenPrism:
- Hurricane Laura past wind swath – as of August 28, 2020
- Hurricane Laura past max winds – as of August 28, 2020
Post-event Impact Summary Report:
A post-event impact summary template report is now available; SAMPLE Laura 2020 Post-event Impact Summary. EigenPrism users can copy the template report and apply it to their own exposure:
- Open the impact summary report (see link above)
- or, search for the “SAMPLE storm name Impact Summary” on the EigenPrism home page
- then click Manage > Copy to select your workspace and save with your own exposure
Please note, as report templates are frequently updated, you can refresh the report by changing the Analysis Date. See instructions here.
Don’t have access to EigenPrism?
Sign up for a trial account and access full impact reports of all events. Contact us and we’ll set up a trial account for you.